GERMANY, AUSTRIA AND THE ALPS
June 9 - 19, 2005
WEST HILLS CHANCEL CHOIR
They have returned with many treasured memories of both Germany and Austria and "touched" many people with their mission of music.
- Thursday, June 9
- 8:00 AM - Leave for airport
Omaha-Chicago - UA #692 - Lv. 10:45 AM
Chicago-Frankfurt - LH #431 - Lv. 15:45 PM
- Friday, June 10
- Arrive Frankfurt - Ar. 6:50 AM
- Meet bus and proceed to Bingen for a castle boat trip on the Rhine. Return to Heppenheim for lunch (on own) at the Goldener Engel. Continue on to Heidelberg for a brief visit and finally on to Öhringen and arrive about 6:30 PM. Meet host families. Dinner and overnight with host families.
- Saturday, June 11
- Morning free. Possible afternoon excursion to surrounding Öhringen. In the evening, an open air concert at the "Dorffest" in Cappel, with your host families.
- Sunday, June 12
- Performance at the morning church service in the Stiftskirche. Afternoon excursion to Kloster Schontal or Waldenburg. Participate in ecumenical church service, "Spätschicht - Gottesdienst", in the evening.
- Monday, June 13
- Say "Auf wiedersehen" to your host families. Leave about 8:30 for Rothenburg o. d. Tauber, famous for its location on the Romantic Road. Take a walking tour of the town at 10:30 and then have lunch (on own). Continue on to Dachau, possibly stopping at Dinkelsbühl en route. Overnight and dinner at Brauereigasthof Zieglerbräu in Dachau.
- Tuesday, June 14
- A day of reflection. Leave about 8:30 to visit the Dachau Memorial. Leave Dachau just before noon and head for Benediktbeuren for a tour. Lunch "al fresco" en route or upon arrival. Continue on to the Wieskirche for a late afternoon concert. Arrive early in the evening in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Overnight and dinner at Hotel Leiner in Garmisch.
- Wednesday, June 15
- After breakfast take the cog railway and cable-car to the Zugspitze. Sing on top of the world. Leave about 2:30 for Innsbruck. Overnight at the Hotel Weisses Kreuz and dinner at Weinhaus Happ in the Altstadt of Innsbruck.
- Thursday, June 16
- Morning walking tour of Innsbruck, including the "Altstadt" and Golden Roof or free time to explore on your own. Leave for Salzburg after lunch (on own), stopping at the Swarovski Crystal Gallery. Continue on to Salzburg via either autobahn or mountain route. Arrive about 6 PM. Overnight and dinner at Hotel Mozart in Salzburg. Evening free.
- Friday, June 17
- Morning walking tour of Salzburg. Lunch on own. Afternoon (3:00 PM) concert at the "Senior Residenz" near the hotel. Remainder of afternoon and evening free to roam and/or attend a local concert. Overnight at the Hotel Mozart.
- Saturday, June 18
- Day excursion to the Salzkammergut. Stop in either Obertraun for a cable car ride or Hallstatt. Lunch on own. Evening concert at the Pfarrkirche in Mondsee with our "Abschiedsfest" after the concert at the Kirchenwirt in Mondsee. Return to Salzburg for overnight.
- Sunday, June 19
- Get up at 5:45. Put luggage out and have breakfast. Leave for Munich airport about 6:45 AM.
Munich-Chicago - LH #434 - Lv. 11:15 AM
Arrive Chicago - Ar. 1:55 PM
Chicago-Omaha - UA #1177 - Lv. 4:45 PM
- Arrive Omaha - Ar. 6:24 PM
- "Grüss Gott", to those participating in Singen Wir mit Geist,
It's almost time to go. Last year you made made an exciting decision; one which, for most of you, will change your perception of the world around you. And now it's only a little over a month away! Sharing your musical talent, as a choir, with the people of Öhringen and the sights in Germany and Austria are only the beginning.
The above itinerary is just about
in its final form, thanks to feedback from David and all of you. As the days get closer, please check here for any updates and information which may be important to your complete satsfaction with the trip.
If there is anything which still requires an answer please don't hesitate to contact us. We at ALC are also looking forward to sharing your upcoming Adventure.
Home | Why ALC? | Adventures, etc. . . | Shangri-La | Journeys, plus . . . | Cadenzas
Student Programs | Feedback | FAQ | Contact Us | Passion Play 2020